Call for Presentations and Sessions
Urban Transportation – Special Interest Group (SIG)
2016 INFORMS Annual Meeting – Houston – October 22-25, 2017
We would invite you and any interested colleagues to organize a session (4 abstracts/presentations) or submit a presentation to the Urban Transportation Cluster at the 2017 INFORMS Annual Meeting in Houston, TX.
Urban Transportation encompasses the research related to optimization and analytics in surface transportation systems within an urban context. This includes a range of such topics as traffic flow theory, public transport, traveler behavioral modeling and informatics, and intersection of urban transportation networks with other systems (energy, telecommunications, etc.). All topics are welcome and examples of topics include:
· Machine learning applications in urban transportation
· Transportation system optimization under uncertainty
· Shared mobility services as new paradigms of user and operator interactions
· Privacy preservation in use of urban transportation data
· Electric, shared, connected and automated vehicles: technologies, applications and systems
· Traveler learning and decision making in an information-rich environment
· Applications of psychology and behavioral economics in travel behavior analysis
· Personalized travel incentive system
· Sustainable transportation systems
If you would like to organize a session, please contact either the Cluster Chair (Song Gao) or Vice Chair (Joseph Chow) at your earliest convenience. If you would like to submit a single presentation, please email us (see below) the title, authors (with email of the presenter) and abstract.
Submission deadline: May 15, 2017.
We would also like to remind you that TSL has established The SIG Outstanding Paper Award for each of the SIGs since 2016. You are strongly encouraged to submit a paper for this award. The submission process is detailed at https://www.informs.org/
We look forward to seeing you at Houston!
UT Cluster Chair:
Song Gao, firstname.lastname@example.org
Joseph Chow, email@example.com